This edition of the Talking Small Biz Weekly Roundup includes some great advice on hiring employees (and the biggest hiring mistake a company can make), some great sales and marketing advice, and the debunking of 10 common entrepreneurial myths.
- Hiring Your First Employee: How Make the Process Smooth – The very thought of hiring someone to work for your new, or existing, company can make even the most hardened entrepreneur break into a cold sweat. Here are some tips to make the process go smoothly and save you from having to clean sweat from your favorite outfit.
- Turn Your Interns Into Killer Employees – Interns aren’t just free help that are open for exploitation. They are a potential source for great new employees. You can see how brilliant they are without committing long term while having the opportunity to convert the great ones into permanent employees.
- The Biggest Hiring Mistake You Will Ever Make – We have all been on the receiving end of this – applying for a job and never getting any followup from the prospective employer. This is one of the biggest hiring mistakes any company can make.
- Sell More by Not Selling at All – For some companies, the Holy Grail of sales is getting in front of the CEO of a potential client and making a pitch. This is often much harder than it seems, so follow these five steps to get your foot in the door.
- How to Sell: Are You Assertive–or Aggressive? – Sales people are often times either passive or aggressive, two styles that might not be right when peddling a product or service. Instead, consider being assertive.